Monday, May 3, 2010

Father's Day Poems For Fathers and Grandfathers

F.A.T.H.E.R.S.

"F" aithful.

"A" lways there.

"T" rustworthy.

"H" onoring.

"E" ver-loving.

"R" ighteous.

"S" upportive.

Author Unknown






What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,

The majesty of a tree,

The warmth of a summer sun,

The calm of a quiet sea,

The generous soul of nature,

The comforting arm of night,

The wisdom of the ages,

The power of the eagle's flight,

The joy of a morning in spring,

The faith of a mustard seed,

The patience of eternity,

The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,

When there was nothing more to add,

He knew His masterpiece was complete,

And so, He called it ... Dad

Author Unknown






My Dad and I

My dad and I-we think alike,

He knows just what I mean

Before I even say a word

He reads, well, in between.



My dad and I-we like to fish

Or build a model plane,



Or fix a broken chair or two

Or just a windowpane.



My dad and I-we know the score

Of every single game;

Sometimes he's really busy, too

But he takes me just the same.



My dad and I-we go swimming too,

Each year and sometimes twice.

My dad and I-we do everything;

My dad-he's really nice.

Phyllis C. Michael






A Little Girl Needs Daddy 

A little girl needs Daddy

For many, many things:

Like holding her high off the ground

Where the sunlight sings!

Like being the deep music

That tells her all is right

When she awakens frantic with

The terrors of the night.



Like being the great mountain

That rises in her heart

And shows her how she might get home

When all else falls apart.



Like giving her the love

That is her sea and air,

So diving deep or soaring high

She'll always find him there.

Author Unknown






Grandfathers Are Fathers Who Are Grand 

Grandfathers are fathers who are grand,

Restoring the sense that our most precious things

Are those that do not change much over time.

No love of childhood is more sublime,

Demanding little, giving on demand,

Far more inclined than most to grant the wings

Allowing us to reach enchanted lands.

Though grandfathers must serve as second fathers,

Helping out with young and restless hearts,

Each has all the patience wisdom brings,

Remembering our passions more than others,

Soothing us with old and well-honed arts.

Author Unknown






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...