Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I MAY NEVER SEE TOMORROW





I may never see tomorrow;

there's no written guarantee

And things that happened yesterday


belong to history.

I cannot predict the future,


I cannot change the past,

I have just the present moments,


I must treat it as my last.
I must use this moment wisely

for it soon will pass away,

and be lost forever,


as part of yesterday.

I must exercise compassion,


help the fallen to their feet,

Be a friend unto the friendless,


make an empty life complete.
The unkind things I do today

may never be undone,

And friendships that I fail to win


may nevermore be won.

I may not have another chance


on bended knees to pray,

and I thank God


with a humble heart

for giving me this day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...