Friday, January 2, 2009

What Should I Write in an Anniversary Card to my Very Old Spouse

Old Love Poem

To husband from wife
When you were in your younger days,And you were your svelte self,Your belt was round your waistNow it sits below your shelf.
Now that you're more mature,Why not set your body free;Seek the comfort of elasticWhere once your waist would be.
To wife from husband
When you were in your younger days,
You weighed a few pounds less,
You needn't hold your tummy in
To wear a belted dress.
But now that you are older,
You can set your body free;
There's the comfort of elastic
Where once your waist would be.
And how about those tights you wear
They're sized by weight, I see,
So that explains why the crotch
Is down below the knee
Universal ending
You now need to wear glassesAs the prints are getting smaller;And it wasn't very long agoI know that you were taller.
But though your hair has turned to greyAnd your skin no longer fits,On the inside, you're the same old you,And I love you still, to bits.
By Jon Bratton 2005but based on some sentiments by others, unknown
*****
When I said "I do", I didn't mean everything!!!
*****
Or I like this quote
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'" Author Unknown
Want to view more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...