Wednesday, November 26, 2008

British Six Million Dollar Man

The title role of The Six Million Dollar Man was Steve Austin played by Lee Majors and was on TV from about 1974 for a good few years.I'm going back over 30 years to 1977, the year of the Queen's Silver Jubilee, when, I recall, I was playing golf in a 4 ball (with neighbours I had met at our street party) and, between shots, I was composing, in my head, the following piece about Britain's answer to Steve Austin.
When I'm fully wound, I can hear the soundOf a pin make a crater in the sandAnd twenty miles away I can safely sayThere's a sparrow coming down to landMy costume's red, white and blueI'm British through and throughI'm a clockwork SupermanWhen my rocket crashed, they fixed me upNo expense, they said, was sparedI cost £2,000, including spare keyI can jump twenty feet in the airI come with guaranteeAnd it's plain to seeI'm a clockwork Superman
Middle Eight
Bio-clockwork, tick tock, Two Grand ManThat's what I amDoing what I canNo job is too tough for meFor the Queen (God bless her)And the Countryyyy
If I 'm talking slow, you're sure to knowMy clockwork's winding downWind me up but please take careWhere you put the keeeeeeeyBut don't overwindOr you'll findI'm a clockwork.......clockwork.....clockwork.....clockwork.....
clockwork.....
We lost the match and my partner blamed me...he said I wasn't concentrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...