Monday, November 10, 2008

My Aardvark and Friends

I'm still loft rummaging but to keep you entertained here's a silly little thing I wrote in 2005I already had an aardvark and an octopusSo you can imagine the almighty fussWhen I took home a hippopotamusWhen I did it again next day, me Dad just cusses"Two bloomin' hippopotamusesThey're as big as double decker buses""Actually", says I, "it's better to say hippopotamiThough never double decker biDon't ask me why"...but he did ask me why"Grammar" was my replyMe Dad thought I was taking the pissHe said " Hey, leave me Mother out of this"Grandma wasn't happy at me getting a new pet"I haven't finished the gloves for your octopus yet"She declares"I've only knitted 4 pairs(She wanted spares)And what's more,I'm knitting bootees for your AuntWell, not for her, for her ele phantIt's all such a palaverThat aardvark'll wait ages for his balaclavaI'm 82, me lad, and not a fast knitterAnd I don't want to sound bitterBut keeping 5 large creatures in a bedsitter....Is not very matureConsidering the manure"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...