Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mr President

Here's some song lyrics I wrote influenced by the Nixon/Watergate scandal in 1974 but it's really about the most powerful man in the World being subservient to the most powerful democracy in the World
Mr President
Don't threaten me you creepsI'm on the outsideAs creator I'm above your goddam lawI've bugged you all but don't you dare to bug meI'm Mr Big-you'll only lose for sureOh minions, don't point your ink stained fingersEverything I did was for the goodI'm really Mr Nice...smile for the camerasIt's just that I'm a man misunderstood
My tapes will only tell youWhat I want them toAs mentor, I know what is good for youI grimmaced and you fools thought I was smilingI lied and you mistook it for the truthThe World, you know, is full of trouble makersThe Commy must be killed before he runsI'm really Mr Peace...ful of intentionsI've ended wars before with my big guns
Middle eight
Who's sown the seeds of disillusion?Who's thrown the dream into confusion?And who?Who's wreaking havoc in my town?Who's blown the gaff?They'll have to change the staffNow the people know what happens when the blinds come down
Don't take me onYou'll only suffer two foldThe farmer boy has left the plough behindYou're not man enough for me..you live in darknessDon't you know what farmers do to mice that's blindHave you seen my interviews in all the papers?The fools who put me down now pay my wayI'm really Mr Rich...man in retirementDid you catch my TV show yesterday?
Jon Bratton copyright 1975
You have the tunes, I supply you with the words. When the completed song is published and earns royalties, or any other monetary return, will appropriate royalties, per the industry standard, become payable to me, the copyright owner Jon Bratton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...