Saturday, November 29, 2008

Death Remembrance Poems

Daniel Brown
Death remembrance poems are commonly searched for but not well provided so I've dug out these sad words I wrote about an orphan's remembrance of an old man who took an interest in him and influenced him to the goodDaniel Brown was a dear old manSome would say just an 'also ran'He wore a dirty mac and an old flat capAnd I never knew him take a bathHe was a special friend of mineI was young - he was out of timeI was drifting off the railsHe put me back in line
Nearly blind, but he could seeThat an orphan boy like meNeeds a hand, not life that's plannedBy societyMr Dan was just in timeTo save me from a life of crimePerhaps, it's fate but now I'm straightAny credit's his not mine
Middle Eight
Life had scribbled on his faceLife had worn his body downNot a pretty sight to seeBut Daniel Brown meant all the world to me
I can see his wrinkled browWhen I left, I regret it nowAll he needed desperatelyWas some companyHe wasn't much the world would sayHe was all alone when he passed awayNo one noticed, no one criedDaniel Brown, why did you have to die?
Jon Bratton copyright 1975
You have the tunes, I supply you with the words. Only when the completed song is published and earns royalties, or any other monetary return, will appropriate royalties, per the industry standard, become payable to me, the copyright owner Jon Bratton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...