Friday, November 28, 2008

My Old Battered Suitcase

Photo borrowed, without so much as a 'by your leave', from Sam Houston's blog http://bookchase.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html It's about books, not travel and I couldn't fail to not recommend it less. I'm hoping I just recommended it, for I do
Just follow this link to the fun. is a link I found on that blog
Last night I hit townNot a gentle sightJust then I saw you, in the fading lightAnd now it seems I've always been here holding youAnd I wonder if this is the real one?I wonder if this is the big time ?I wonder if I can break with the past ?And this timeCan I make it last ?
No time in one placeTo watch it declineNo time with one face to watch it grow linesAnd now I think I'll stick around to watch them grow oldAnd I wonder if this is the real one ?I wonder if this is the big time ?I wonder if I can break with the past ?And this timeCan I make it last ?
Middle Eight
The same old dilemmaShould I go, should I stay ?I don't know just what it isThat keeps driving me awayPerhaps I am searchingFor what I don't knowIs this panic now ending ?Or just running slow ?
This town, why this town ?Why don't I pass through ?But this town is different, the difference is youWill my old battered suitcase take five or take root ?And I wonder if this is the real one ?I wonder if this is the big time ?I wonder if I can break with the past ?And this timeCan I make it last ?
Jon Bratton copyright 1976
You have the tunes, I supply you with the words. Only when the completed song is published and earns royalties, or any other monetary return, will appropriate royalties, per the industry standard, become payable to me, the copyright owner Jon Bratton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...