Tuesday, December 2, 2008

If We Cantaloupe Lettuce Marry

"If We Cantaloupe Lettuce Marry, Mary"Said Dick, pursing his tulipsMy fuchsia lies with you, my loveWhat a pear we'll make " she quips
This is a trailer to the continuing rhyme of horticulturist Dick but first, this
Where was Peter Rabbit Forbidden to Play?
Thousands of you ask Google every dayWhere was Peter Rabbit forbidden to playIn Mr McGregor's garden... that's whereAnd why? Coz his mother didn't think it fairThat on Mr McGregor's veggies Peter ate his fillAnd made himself so very illHe got trapped in netting but then got freeHe was sent to bed with just some camomile tea
Now, Mr McGregor was a veggie raising horticulturist, like Dick who, you'll recall, had decided to take his beanstalk growing skills elsewhere in the WorldHaving come to a decisionThis is what he plannedHe'd tell all his workmatesIn terms they'd understand
"I'll till it like it is" he said"From acorns, oak trees growNow I can see the wood for treesIts thyme for me to go
With fronds like you, who needs anemonies" he jokedI'm growing stale and getting boredI just can't get myself mowtivatedLike a bean, I must be abroad
I spend all day with tomatoesAnd every night with a Swede
I think I'm beginning to vegetateI think I'm going to seed I really cannot stay menOf that there is no doubtI need to pull my roots up It's time that I branched out
I'm in the flower of my youthI'm ripe and in full petal
I must make hay while the sun shinesIt's time to grasp the nettle
It's time to leave this vegetable patchIt's fallow ground to meI need to find some growing spaceI'm pot bound, don't you see
I'm becoming a little jadedOff the boil, going sourIt's just not true that jaded brainsMake a finer flower
Now I'm no shrinking violetBut I've had my seeds of doubtBut now I'm very glad to sayThey've all bean weeded out
It's thyme for me to pith offAnd theek pathtures new And now I take my leaf of youGoodbye,Tara,Adieu
In his quiet moments of contemplationDick would probably be heard to say"I've often wondered where Peter RabbitWas forbidden to play"
Mary having preseeded him
He packs his trunk and leaves his roomHis destination the Middle EastTo make the desert bloom
Dick followed the path of his namesakeRichard the LionheartAnd set off for the Holy LandWith a kiss from his Swedish tart
With Dick and Mary now world's apartThey didn't meet for a whileAnd then they got togetherOn their Jersey Isle
That's when they finally tied the knotIt had to happen sooner or laterAnd besides, Wanda had run offWith the local museum curator
To be continued....
This chapter was brought to you courtesy of Where was Peter Rabbit Forbidden to Play

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...