Saturday, February 21, 2009

Best Love Poems

I loved her for that she was beautifulI loved her for that she was beautiful;And that to me she seem'd to be all Nature,And all varieties of things in one:Would set at night in clouds of tears, and riseAll light and laughter in the morning; fearNo petty customs nor appearances;But think what others only dream'd about;And say what others did but think; and doWhat others dared not do: so pure withalIn soul; in heart and act such conscious yetSuch perfect innocence, she made round herA halo of delight. 'Twas these which won me;—And that she never school'd within her breastOne thought or feeling, but gave holidayTo all; and that she made all even mineIn the communion of love: and weGrew like each other, for we loved each other;She, mild and generous as the air in spring;And I, like earth all budding out with love.I Am Not Yours

I am not yours, not lost in you,Not lost, although I long to beLost as a candle lit at noon,Lost as a snowflake in the sea.

You love me, and I find you stillA spirit beautiful and bright,Yet I am I, who long to beLost as a light is lost in light.

Oh plunge me deep in love, put outMy senses, leave me deaf and blind,Swept by the tempest of your love,A taper in a rushing wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...